|Name||APHRODITE precipitation data for combined region|
Asian Precipitation - Highly-Resolved Observational Data Integration Towards Evaluation (APHRODITE's ) of Water Resources project develops state-of-the-art daily precipitation and temperature datasets with high-resolution grids for Asia. The datasets are created primarily with data obtained from a rain-gauge-observation network.
Product APRHO_PR offers gridded daily precipitation of Eurasia (combined region) for 1951-2007.
|North bound latitude||84|
|West bound longitude||15|
|South bound latitude||-15|
|Dimension Name||Dimension Size (slice number of the dimension)||Resolution Unit|
|Keyword Type||Keyword||Keyword thesaurus Name|
|theme||APHRODITE, daily precipitation, Eurasia||No_Dictionary|
File download : https://data.diasjp.net/dl/storages/filelist/dataset:265
The latest version data and update data of APHRODITE are released from "http://aphrodite.st.hirosaki-u.ac.jp". : http://aphrodite.st.hirosaki-u.ac.jp
1. Original station data and their location information are not provided because of our agreements with data providers. 2. We release the gridded product at 0.25-degree and 0.5-degree resolution. 3. As a part of our feedback to data providers, we provide the 0.05-degree product for only the corresponding country/area.
The gridded fields of daily precipitation are defined by interpolating
gauge observations obtained from meteorological stations throughout the region.
Please refer to
for the details of interpolation algorithm and input data.
Details on quality control method of our product is described in Hamada et al.(2011)
1.APHRODITE products are available to all academic institutions and researchers. No commercial use of the data is allowed.
2.Each user shall sign up with a valid email address so as to be informed of data updates and/or errata.
3.APHRODITE data shall not be redistributed as a whole or in part to the general public through the Internet or other means.
4.Although all reasonable precautions have been taken by the APHRODITE project in preparing the products, in no event shall the APHRODITE project be liable for any loss or damage arising from their use.
5.If you want to release secondary products using APHRODITE data on your website or through other means, you must contact the APHRODITE project for permission.
6.Papers or written scientific works of any form based in whole or in part on APHRODITE data shall contain an acknowledgement of APHRODITE. This can be done by citing an appropriate reference paper or APHRODITE web site (http://www.chikyu.ac.jp/precip/).
1.If you are going to use APHRODITE data as a benchmark in your project, we encourage you to inform us. We list such groups/projects on our website and exchange information for future improvements.
2. If you publish a paper, please inform us. We will list your paper on our website. (http://www.chikyu.ac.jp/precip/research/index.html)
2. The use of DIAS data sets is limited to research and educational purposes [*1]
3. Users shall not modify the content of DIAS data sets
4. Users shall not provide the content of DIAS data sets to third parties
5. In the event of using DIAS data sets in an academic presentation, paper, article, or report, etc., users shall cite in parenthesis the text given as the data citation
6. In the event of using DIAS data sets in an academic presentation, paper, article, or report, etc., users shall submit a copy of the work (an offprint in the case of a paper, or a copy of the lecture summary in the case of an oral or poster presentation) to the DIAS office below
[*1] Data sets whose commercial usage are allowed under the data policy by data provider will be also allowed to be used commercially as DIAS data sets, after ongoing preparation works have been completed. Please contact the DIAS Office for more details.
Remote Sensing Technology Center of Japan
TOKYU REIT Toranomon Building 2F 3-17-1 Toranomon, Minato-ku, Tokyo, 105-0001
Papers or written scientific works of any form based in whole or in part on APHRODITE data shall contain an acknowledgement of APHRODITE. This can be done by citing an appropriate reference paper or APHRODITE web site (http://www.chikyu.ac.jp/precip/).
Whenever DIAS dataset is used for any academic presentations, and any publication of scientific results, the author(s) shall specify the following acknowledgement and if the data provider has their own acknowledgement quotation, the author(s) shall use both acknowledgements.
"The DIAS dataset is archived and provided under the framework of the Data Integration and Analysis System (DIAS) funded by Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT)."
1. DIAS data provider is not liable for any losses or any damage when DIAS data sets are used.
2. DIAS data and related information are subject to change without any prior notice.
3. DIAS data sets provided are not supported for any additional processing or analysis.
Yatagai, A., K. Kamiguchi, O. Arakawa, A. Hamada, N. Yasutomi and A. Kitoh (2012): APHRODITE: Constructing a Long-term Daily Gridded Precipitation Dataset for Asia based on a Dense Network of Rain Gauges, Bulletin of American Meteorological Society, doi:10.1175/BAMS-D-11-00122.1.
Hamada, A., O. Arakawa and A. Yatagai (2011): An automated quality control method for daily rain-gauge data. Global Environmental Research, V15N2, pp183-192.